Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Take a Yoga Class- CHECK!

Wow Yoga was AWESOME.

We met at Vitamin Cottage and slammed some 'Naked' probiotic fruit juice before we walked over to the studio and signed up. Ruby at the front desk was exactly what I would expect for a Yoga teacher. She had bright red lipstick and a bandana wrap in her hair, complete with the thick square glasses at the end of her nose.


I was rushing to change and get my mat ready to get a spot in the back of the room. I didn't need everyone to see me falling down and making a fool of myself!  The room temp walking in was probably about 85 degrees and since it was a C 1.5 Hot Yoga class the high was about 95 degrees(it felt like 150 freakin degrees).
I learned a few terms..Tadasana(tree pose), Chaturanga Dandasana, and then she pulled the insane.. bakasana.. I literally laughed out loud when she started explaining how to get into this pose. I think our favorite pose was the Savasana.. in other words "corpse". haha lay down and don't move for 2 minutes. IT WAS AMAZING.   It was almost even a spiritual experience. Taking it seriously and  truly concentrating on what your body was telling you and focusing on each individual muscle really gave me such a great perspective on what Yoga is.  Meghan was much better at the poses than me but there were a few times when we exchanged "wtf" looks and giggled. For your first time in Yoga class I highly recommend doing it with a best friend. We walked across the street and shared a plate of sushi afterward. Perfect nightcap.

Your first week at Corepower is free so I went tonight with Tiffany. We went to a beginners class which was more basic than the class I took with Meghan and not a heated room but I loved it still. Tiffany has horrible balance but actually did a lot better than me at following directions. I just copied whatever the girl in front of me did. Unfortunately the girl in front of me was sort of in her own world and kept doing her own variations that were sort of complicated! I "grew my branches" when no one else was and I did the "crow pose" ( ok attempted it ) before the instructor told us too. Lesson learned.

 So glad we checked this off the list this week. I am addicted and plan on finding time at least once a month to take an hour and do hot Yoga for my well being.  This whole list concept is actually coming together!!

Namaste. CHECK.




I was looking for a good picture to end the blog and came across the GINGERbread man yoga poses. I mean.. how perfect?? had to add it. hahaha LOVE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment