Monday, February 7, 2011

Do a Body Cleanse

Ive done cleanses before, and I fast food and water once a month for spiritual reasons but I haven't ever lasted more than a weekend. I did some research and without spending a ton of money and taking all kinds of supplements, I put together a combination of cleanse foods/juices.

"If you feel "congested" from too much food -- or the wrong kinds of food -- you may want to detoxify. If your energy level is low, if you have been taking many medications that have not been eliminated from your system, a detox may help you feel better."


I think a week will be long enough to be a struggle and actually make a difference. Its going to be pretty broad parameters as far as what I can and cant ingest, but basically this is what i'm limiting it to:

Greens (salad mostly, baby spinach- Meg you know how much I love that baby spinach!)
Brown Rice (occasionally)
Any Fruits
Greek Yogurt

Water
Fruit Juices (probably sticking with the 'Naked' brand cause they have so many great boosters and they are organic)


So i'm starting Wednesday cause I need to go shopping and then going till next wednesday- 2/9-2/16.
If youre down and want to see how long you last, email me! It should be quite interesting. I may also borrow my dads Juicer and make some of these recepies. If I'm feeling really brave..



1 comment:

  1. I did an all liquid cleanse once. Fresh fruit/veggie juices, chicken broth... basically anything all natural, and in liquid form. I lasted 4 days. By the end, I could not think or talk straight, so make sure you are very aware of what your body is telling you. Sometimes you just need to eat.

    I think the way that you are planning it is much safer and smarter! Hope you make it :)

    ReplyDelete