Thursday, February 3, 2011

Do it while ya' can!

I had this idea.. ok my aunt had this idea.. we had been talking about all the fun things she did before she got married and had the cutest little lovemuffinpoptartsugar girls ever. So Im browsing through her cute "Before Jeff" scrapbook and go into minor panic attack mode -what have I been missing out on as a single girl in Denver? Have I really been experiencing all these things from fun roommates, to awkward double dates, to trips to Mexico? Or have I been letting all of that slip by, and on account of what? My job, school, my other job, my church calling, all good things, but I wanted to make more of my twenties, the MOST of my twenties. So Betsy(aunt) says to me "Just make some sort of bucket list of all the things you want to do, and things that would be easier done while you're single and have the time!" So the next night during "Dinner and a Movie" at Tiffanys,  and while Scott was making us a Filipino dish, we made a list.


The List is a combo of ideas from me, friends, family and co workers. Things other people want to do or wish they could have done, and we want to keep adding to it. Truly the point is not to finish the list but to do more fun,spontaneous things while we have the time and energy. Some might argue that they already DONT have the time. My response, youll never have more time than you do now. As this whole idea started blossoming, the scripture "Men are that they might have Joy" in 2 Nephi kept coming to mind. So I adopted it and titled the blog. I want to involve people I may not have otherwise met which is why we want to spread the word to LDS singles wards in Denver, friends of friends, and anyone fun/crazy enough to come along! We want people to add to it, make suggestions and participate 100% and have fun!  As we experience, learn, and travel....we're going to blog about it, scrapbook about it, and keep the memories we make.


We aren't just LIVING life...we're LOVING life.





No comments:

Post a Comment